Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Adventuring // Location Scouting in Venice Beach

Venice Beach, CA-- Palm Trees & Sand
Venice Beach-- Basketball Courts
Venice Beach-- Palm Trees
Venice Beach-- Sculpture
Venice Beach-- Skate Park Rules
Venice Beach-- Skate Park
Venice Beach-- Sun & Sand
Venice Beach-- Sign

That was my office for part of today.

I haven't said much about my internship this quarter, but that's mostly because life's busy with finals season coming up and project/presentation/paper season happening right now.

All you have to know right now is I love my job.

And I just had to write down the awesomeness that was today before I forget.

+ Spent the day monitoring the NFL free agency madness and new pope goings-on.

+ I don't think I've ever read through an entire disclaimer for anything in my life, but today, I read through, like, eight of them. All the way through. The perks of internship.

+ We watched the new pope ceremony thing at work and the commentary that was flying around from my co-workers was straight-up hilarious. Sososo irreverent, but sososo funny. Sidenote, but did you know this guy only has one lung? Dude is ooooold.

+ What other internship can you wear jeans, tennis shoes, and a sweatshirt and no one looks twice? Approve.

+ I now have explicit experience in idea development for commercial shoots and TV pilots. Yes.

+ Chipotle Burrito Bowls are delicious.

+ Went location scouting for aforementioned commercial shoot. We drove to Venice Beach {which is about five to ten minutes walk} and wandered around. Took pictures, thought out angles and movement and lighting. Eyeballed people to possibly use in the shoot if our current talent doesn't stop pushing for more money {oh, people}. Have I told you lately that I have fallen in love with the Main Street/Venice Beach area? No? Well, consider yourself told.

+ After checking out the basketball courts and the skate park {some of those kids are really good}, we were walking back to the car and came across a tattoo place. Since that's another one of the locations we needed to find, we walked in. DO YOU KNOW HOW AMUSED I WAS. Mostly over the fact that the people inside must've thought I was SUPER out of place. Although, really, it's pretty hard to shock me. But I was still amused. Me. In a tattoo place. Ha!

+ Left work later than normal today since I had to upload all the pictures/video onto the work computer and we couldn't find a SD thingmerbob. So instead of catching the 4pm, 4:30pm, or 5pm bus, I got on the 5:30pm bus. And OHMYGOODNESS does that half hour make a difference. On the other hand, I've learned to just take a nap on the bus so when I get back to the apartment, I can just study. Unless I'm typing this out. Cause I'm nuts like that.

We sat in the bus for 45 minutes and we moved about 1-2 blocks. LA traffic. You slay me.

+ Our bus driver and the few passengers that were on the bus were actually really talkative today. Twas quite nice. They were discussing the LA Marathon this Sunday and all the road closures and how all sane people should just stay home. So that's what I'll do. I'll stay home. Because I'm sane.

+ I need to go study. If I think of anything else, I'll try to write about it later. G'night/be good! 

No comments:

Post a Comment