Monday, September 3, 2012

Woe to Those With Short Attention Spans

Let's Go on an Adventure!
{via BubbyandBean on Etsy}
My apologies for the lapse of silence that's happened around here lately.

The parents, Zoe, and I headed south to Monterey & Pacific Grove last week and the lack of Internet access always takes me a while to get over. As in, while I like the Internet and all it has to offer, it's a little too addicting for me. As in, I know once I start, I get distracted and forget why I turned on my computer in the first place and lose all sense of time/space/dimension.

Which is bad.

So.

That easily distractedness is to be blamed for my not posting since we got back Thursday.
I took the memory card out of the camera, put it into the computer, loaded everything, flipped pictures that should be vertical & not horizontal, aaand...

Nothing.

You can send dirty looks Twitter's way.

I've only just discovered how useful it can be in discovering new things on the Internet. Like interesting people. And interesting websites. And interesting blogs. And interesting pictures. And.

*deep sigh*

Like, today, I spent an inordinate amount of time reading about Ree Drummond, aka the Pioneer Woman, after someone {I forget who} posted a link to her Chocolate Covered S'mores recipe.

It's been downhill ever since.

 Not that reading her website is a bad thing-- oh, no no no. It's more the fact that the more I read, the more I want to read, the more I want to watch an episode of her show, the more I want to see of Charlie, et cetera, all of which leads to me spending more time on my computer consuming information on other people's lives and forgetting to (1) finish doing the dishes, (2) log onto facebook for the sole purpose of scolding my cousin for not being home when I visited, (3) write on my own blog, and (4) go to sleep...

Here's to people with short attention spans and the vast number of people out there whom we could get to know personally even though we live thousands of miles away from each other.

Rereading that, I think I zoned out right after 'andthevastnumber...'

Oops.

No comments:

Post a Comment