Monday, April 23, 2012

FanFiction Run Amok

Fanfiction can be the best source for causing uncontrollable, maniacal laughter if you're one of those people who notices spelling, grammar, and punctuation mistakes.

Now, I know that I've definitely caught some of my own while I'm rereading past posts I've written that've made me snort and rush to fix the error in embarrassment, but honestly. The most amusing errors in fanfiction are the ones with word-misusage. Here are a few that have made me burst into a fit of giggles recently...

---

"The room was compromised of a fireplace with red squishy couches and bookshelves all along the wall..."

Those red squishy couches sure are compromising, aren't they.

{I think the word they were looking for was 'comprised' with no 'was'}.

 ---

"In the spite of the looming danger, Harry was clam."

*ha* I'm sorry. This one still makes me die to this day. For some reason, this sentence has the power to have me grinning like mad every time and has stuck in my head for over a year and a half now. It's just hilarious... I know it was unintentional, but gaaah, it's funny.

---

"She glared up at him, obviously annoyed that he was so much taller. Which made sense, he cowered over her."

Now, aside from the weird sentence structure and punctuation going on here, I love that a one-letter difference can cause such contradiction. Cower or tower? What a conundrum. *shakes head*

---

Ohh, fanfiction. How you never cease to amuse me.

No comments:

Post a Comment