Wednesday, May 18, 2011

In Which Time is Well Spent

{So True}
I've finished my Philosophy paper! It's time to celebrate with a bevy of posts!

It's Wednesday, so that means we need inspiration or a life lesson to carry us through the end of the week.

I love this quote that I found on Pinterest because I've realized that when it comes time to write papers for class or study for midterms and finals, I have a tendency to do everything BUT what I'm supposed to be doing. I'm a 'Productive Procrastinator'-- it's a term I heard somewhere that basically means that instead of writing my essay or reading my textbook like I should be doing, I'll clean off my desk, organize all the pictures on my computer, do my laundry, answer emails, take a shower, go get food, make birthday cards, call a friend, start a knitting project... in other words, I do lots of things that are technically productive, but not what I'm supposed to get done right then.

This quote, "The time you enjoy wasting is not wasted time," refers more to spending time with friends and living in the moment than my method of putting off my homework, but it reminds me that there's more to life than schoolwork. I need to make time for goofing off or adventuring with friends because those are the memories we'll keep for ages.

As we near the end of this quarter and sophomore year, I hope we can make time for at least one day to spend not thinking about homework or school at all.

That would be nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment