Thursday, January 17, 2013

The Clothes Make the Girl

Two separate incidents this past week that made me smile.

---

I realized yet another big difference between high school & college this Sunday at church. I walked with Steph downstairs to the high school area and noticed that all the girls were wearing skirts, tights, and heels. Looked around again... noticed that I was wearing basically the same thing as all the high school guys {button up shirt under a sweater and jeans}.

No wonder the girls were giving me weird looks.

Although, keep in mind that it was barely fifty-two degrees that day.

I think I win. 

I guess at some point, you learn that being warm is so much more important than vanity.

---

Evelyn needed a buddy when she went to Westfield Mall Monday afternoon to return some things. While we were there, we decided to do a bit of wandering.

What started off as one of those joking "hey. you should try THAT on." comments turned into an unexpected "hey. this actually fits AND i like it!" moments.

Impulse buy.

Beyond the fact that the dress is totally out of character for me, I love that my friends know me so well. When we got back to the apartment, Evelyn and I had Steph and Mickeyla guess what the dress looked like before we would show it to them. The only hint was "it's totally not me. and i love it."

Between the two of them, they guessed it perfectly. Like... every single aspect of the dress? They nailed it.

True friends.

{I would tell you what their guesses were, except that I'm planning on wearing it to Spring Banquet this year and don't want to give away the surprise. You'll just have to wait and see}.

No comments:

Post a Comment