Friday, February 10, 2012

Lessons in Public Relations, Week Five

1. Be prepared in case there's a lull at work.

Sometimes your boss calls your co-worker into a meeting that ends up lasting over two hours. Since aforementioned co-worker is the one who gives you your assignments and you finished the one she gave you riiight before she walked into A's office for that meeting, you find yourself with no work to do.

What do you do?

I ended up re-researching every.single.client. we've got, answering email, and then reading blogs for a while. What I should have done was study for my midterm the next day, but it didn't occur to me at the time.

Next time, I'll know.

2. If you're a student, sometimes it's okay to take a day off in order to study for midterms and write papers.

I did today. It's better if you give them more warning than I did {I emailed when I woke up at 7:30 am and I was supposed to be in by 9 am...}, but in general, your boss will understand. Just don't take too many days off or there might be a problem.

---

Since I only went in for a half day this week and I didn't do much during those three hours, I don't have much to share. Maybe next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment