Friday, September 16, 2011

Cupcakes, Toast, & Jam

{shellie had the one on the left with jam & butter}

Shellie & I just got the midnight munchies.

This does not bode well for things to come.

Then again, it isn't really midnight.

It's 2:10 am.

Does that make everything better?


---


On a side note, I tried to make these cupcakes today.

They sorta worked.

A little stuck to the paper and dense and not quite cupcake-like, but I did have to let them sit for about an hour while we waited for the toaster oven to cool off enough to move it.

It had been smelling kind of like burnt toast & electricity because it was too close to the back of the wood shelf it's resting on right now.

So that sitting for an hour may have affected the cupcakes' air bubbles and fluffiness.

Must try this again.

On yet another side note, because I now have an extra egg yolk in the fridge waiting to be used {the cupcakes only require an egg white}, I may or may not try out this recipe tomorrow.

The fact that I'm supposed to boil things in a sauce pan that may stick to the bottom {specifically sugar} makes me kinda nervous though, so we'll see.

If anyone has any recipes that will use up one egg yolk and that doesn't require a trip to a gourmet grocery store, I'd love to hear about them!

No comments:

Post a Comment