Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Princesses & Thieves

Last night, Daddy and I watched The Italian Job and Princess Diaries. Strange combination, right? *grins* The Italian Job is honestly my favorite movie ever. I mean, I have a bunch of movies that I love, but this one I just... adore. Playing life smart and not hurting others unnecessarily is something I can definitely get behind. With Princess Diaries, I think this may be my biggest exception to the rule that "The book is always better than the movie." I cannot, and I mean cannot, get through one of Meg Cabot's books. But because my best friend loved this movie, we watched it practically every time I went over to her house for the first year after it came out and I knew it well enough to quote pretty much the entire movie. Actually, I can do that with The Italian Job as well. Hmm. I need something better to do with my life than memorize song lyrics and movie quotes... *laughs*

---

{Creativity Takes Courage}
"The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."
Princess Diaries, 2001.


 
{Go For It}
[Paraphrased to make more sense in real life]
"There are two kinds of people in this world: The ones who work to enrich their lives, and those who work to define their lives. Don't be the latter. Makes you miss out on what's really important in this life."
The Italian Job, 2004.

No comments:

Post a Comment