Friday, June 17, 2011

French Toast

Today, I attempted French Toast.

Let's just say that I learned some PaperLanternLessons... *sheepish look*

And I still need to do the dishes from this morning's kitchen experiment.

Amendment: Captioning this post took so long, I finished doing the dishes. Sink's all clean now! Yay!

---



Here's my attempt at being artsy. I must say that while that front piece looks pretty good, the angle of this shot makes the rest of the slices look... less than appetizing...



I think this is my favorite picture of my French Toast. Probably because it looks like they turned out wonderful.



The side I did on my own...



The side where my mother came by and turned up the fire under my pan because she thought it wasn't doing anything. *sigh*



Hee. Foodie blogger shot!



Oookay. So it didn't really taste so great. Therefore, I thought I'd try to salvage it by making French Toast Sticks...



Like so.



They were... meh.

---

PaperLanternLessons learned on this one are as follows:

One: If you're not planning on baking the French Toast like the recipe calls for, then don't use 1-inch thick pieces of bread. Because when you try to cook it in a pan like pancakes, the middle stays raw no matter how burnt the outside may get.

Two: Yeah, that's about it.


Note: From 9pm to midnight later, I baked Banana Bread. First time. Post coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment