Thursday, November 8, 2012

Three. Weeks.

I just got my ballot today.

If I just got my ballot today, think of how many hundreds of people just got their ballot today.

Think of how many people weren't able to vote in this election.

Do I think that our votes could have changed the result?

We'll never know, will we.

Alameda County, just so you know, I am highly disappointed in you.

And pretty annoyed.

The first presidential election I can officially vote in and I'm denied that civic responsibility because someone in your administration office can't figure out how to mail some very important envelopes on time?

Let's just put it this way.

My roommate and I both sent for our absentee ballots two Thursdays before the election.

That's TWO WEEKS. TEN BUSINESS DAYS.

Santa Clara County got her absentee ballot into her hands by the following Tuesday.

Two. Business. Days.

You. You, Alameda County, took three weeks to get me mine.

Three weeks.

That's beyond ridiculous.

And you want to know what the best part is?

I was beating myself up about possibly having lost my ballot because I didn't check the junk mail pile in our apartment's lobby.

Turns out, my ballot wasn't in my junk mail pile.

It was in yours.

Great to know my vote matters to you.

I'll keep that in mind when it comes to the next election.

No comments:

Post a Comment