Saturday, July 14, 2012

In preparation of possible festivities.

Last year, I posted my 21 List in hopes that writing goals down would make them more tangible and attainable since I'd know what the goals actually were and try to accomplish them {instead of the ideas floating around my head and drifting back out again a moment later}.

It didn't really work... *sheepish*

There are some things on that list that I fulfilled several times over {#9 & 21} and some that I totally forgot were on the list {er... #5, 6, 10, 11, 12, 15, 16, 17, 18, & 20... obviously, I need to check old posts more often}.

Still, some of the things on that list can be crossed off, so here they are in numerical order:

2. Cook dinner for at least 6 people. I helped host a GOC Dinner for Eight during spring quarter. I may not have done all the cooking, but I think this counts. Add in all the times I helped with prep/clean-up for other dinnertime events and I didn't do too badly.

9. Try 3 restaurants in Westwood. I still may not be an expert on where to go if you're in the area, but I have a better knowledge now than I did before this year! I think I tried way more than three restaurants and that probably has something to do with the fact that I now apartment and don't worry that I'm wasting swipes if I eat outside the dorms.

13. Read 3 nonfiction books. Do textbooks count? I should've specified...

16. Keep a decently clean apartment. Meh. It does say 'decently clean' and definitions for that can vary. I think we did pretty well this year.

17. Get my GPA up to a 3.6 by the end of next school year.  YES! It's actually higher, so I'm quite the happy. Course, UCLA also decided to raise their standards for 'cum laude' status, so that's kind of a downer...

19. Try 5 recipes that seem out of my league. Given that I didn't really cook before this year, basically everything could have been considered out of my league. *grins* Probably 3-4 of the recipes that seemed challenging, but turned out well, were baked goods. Now if only my normal cooking were improving at such fast a rate...

21. Adventure. Done and done.

I thought about creating a 22 List or some such equivalent, but I'm thinking probably not. I like the idea of this list business and setting goals for oneself before the next year hits. But maybe I'll just make the list as the year happens... or something. Obviously, I haven't decided yet. Leaning towards "22: New" and leaving it at that-- throughout the year, I'd just write about something new that I'd learned or done or seen or bought or whatever, and that'd be that.

We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment