Sunday, April 8, 2012

HeartSongs: When I Survey


There are so many beautiful and poignant Easter songs that it's pretty much impossible to choose just one. Songs about His sacrifice, His crucifixion, His resurrection and the ultimate joy and gratitude we should feel because of all of it.

I must confess that when it comes to Easter versus Christmas songs when choosing favorites, this springtime holiday wins every time. There are just so many great ones. That make you think and wonder and hurt. I don't deserve this. Everything I've done has warranted punishment, but on menot the murder of a man so perfect. And to think he died because of something I did flippantly or carelessly or, even worse, on purpose.
I'm sorry.

What words are there to describe the pure love and thankfulness we should have for our Savior? What words are there to describe the love He had to sacrifice Himself for us? There really aren't any, but hymns can be a good place to start.

Christ has risen. He is risen indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment