Thursday, July 14, 2011

The Little Things in Life, No. 6: Pirates, Dinosaurs, & Etsy

{Ode to My Nerdy Friends... You Know Who You Are.}
… getting a friend request on Facebook from my mom.

And watching her crack up after I changed her ‘Language’ setting to Pirate.

Oh, Mom.


{Oooh, Pretty!}
... discovering the miracle that is Envelope Moistener. Yes, there really is such a thing. I discovered this today at work—it looks kind of like a giant glue stick with a marble on top and it does the most amazing thing!

*dramatic pause*

That’s right, it moistens that yucky strip at the top of envelopes so that you don’t have to do it yourself! And when you’re sending out 473 {yes, we counted} newsletters, it makes a difference, let me tell you.


{Dainty}

{In Honor of... "The End"}
 … getting that internshippy at the Chamber of Commerce {belated update, but yes. I’ve survived one week as of today!} and having one of my responsibilities be looking for things on Etsy!

Only now I have an account I don’t know what to do with. Help!






 … getting absolutely gorgeous dog pics while day-tripping with the parentals. Just fyi, Zoe’s staring at the toy behind the camera and in case you don’t know her, she’s eerily patient when it comes to waiting for you to throw her toy. Which translates to lots of time for me to take face shots! *clickclickclick*


{Happy Birthday to Me!}
 … my birthday’s tomorrow. I’m gonna be oooold. I’m not sure if this is a good thing or a bad thing. Hrm. I guess at some point I should share the wisdom {ha! what wisdom!} that I’ve maybesortakinda gained over the years. This requires more thought.

---

On an awesomer note…




 
{Here's where I would normally have a picture,
but it's cloudy outside right now,
so some other time perhaps}




 
I GOT A GREEN DINO FOR MY BIRTHDAY! I’M SO EXCITED!

So excited, in fact, that the guy at Costco gave me a funny look when I carried it through the register line. {Yes, of course we paid for it. What do you think we are? Invisible?} I absolutely refused to put it on the conveyor belt thingmerbob.

Yeah, I’m mature. Whoo.

*ecstatic* AND DID I TELL YOU IT’S ALSO A… *wait for it*… SLEEPING BAG?

Yes, your mind is blown.

No comments:

Post a Comment