Wednesday, April 27, 2011

In Which There Are Whales & Chocolate Truffles

 Every midterm season, and also whenever I have a paper due, I always find myself on the Internet, reading blogs or fanfiction or watching Castle.

This last midterm was no exception. I discovered, as I procrastinated, the aesthetic orgy that is Lavendar & Lilies, Cupcakes and Cashmere, and Pinterest. And trust me, once distracted by pretty things, I can stay that way for hours.

So, in the interest of appearing at least somewhat productive, here are some of the things that (1) caught my eye and (2) may or may not have some use in our apartment...

See? I spend my time wisely.


Anthropologie Monogrammed Mugs






I really like these monogrammed mugs from Anthropologie that I stumbled over on Pinterest. And while I wouldn't mind getting a few for our apartment, Shellie and I might have a problem figuring out whose mug is whose.



Save the Seas!








I kinda sorta love this print.


Can we pleasepleaseplease have one on our wall somewhere?



Rainy Days



I can almost feel the warm and fuzzies that come with being able to curl up with a book in bed on a rainy day.

No textbooks allowed.

You'd be surprised how often that occurs, rain, considering this is Los Angeles...






 The directions for these are as follows:
(1) Dip yarn into watered down glue,
(2) Wrap the yarn around a balloon, and
(3) Pop the balloon when the yarn is dry.

Heaven


Oh. My. Goodness.

I believe I'm in love.

These are Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Truffles from Love & Olive Oil. Up to this point, I'd only ever visited Bakerella when I needed my foodie blog fix, but this site... *happy sigh*

I know what sort of experimenting in the kitchen I'll be doing next year!





So these are just a few of the things I saw and loved while avoiding Philosophy.

I think Wednesdays shall be my '5 Things That Made Me Happy This Week' days. Although if that is the case, I probably would have different stuff up here for this week. But that's okay. All the more choices for next week!

Be good, readers, and just think! Two more days until the weekend. Hoorah!

No comments:

Post a Comment